Updated on Jun 5, 2020. Posted on Jun 1, 2020
Violence against protesters, pepper spraying journalists, and destroying property.
2. This Salt Lake City police officer who pushed a man walking with a cane to the ground.
Salt Lake City cops shove down an elderly man with a cane for the crime of standing along the street:
3. These Louisville police officers who looted and destroyed a collection of water and milk the protesters had.
I cannot believe what I just witnessed. They pulled up onto the square with a police siren on and did this. #Louisville
4. This posse of Detroit police officers behaving like thugs, ganging up on one dude who was walking away.
This video, posted last night by a Facebook user in Detroit MI, appears to document some shocking, out-of-control conduct by law enforcement. If they weren't in uniform we would call this gang type behavior. Please address this, @detroitpolice @ChiefJECraigDPD, @MayorMikeDuggan
6. This San Jose Police Department officer who clutched his weapon, swayed around eagerly, and can be heard yelling, "Let's get this, motherfucker!" at around 40 seconds in.
7. That same officer also yelled, "Shut up, bitch" at a protester before police rushed the crowd.
8. These Minneapolis police officers who pepper sprayed a journalist while he was lying on the ground and had identified himself as press.
The moment Minneapolis police and state troopers stormed the Stop-N-Shop and trained their weapons on property owners and #journalists, pepper spraying @vicenews correspondent @MichaelAdams317 while he’s lying on the ground, Press ID above his head.
9. This officer in Denver who shot a pepper projectile at a protester standing several yards across the street.
my older brother went to a protest in Denver last night. as the police were leaving, one of them shot him with a pepper pellet that smashed the back of his phone and exploded in his face. they were ~30 feet from each other and it looks like the officer aimed directly at his face
10. These Minneapolis National Guard and police officers clearing streets and shooting paint at someone who was standing on their porch.
Share widely: National guard and MPD sweeping our residential street. Shooting paint canisters at us on our own front porch. Yelling “light em up” #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd #JusticeForGeorge #BlackLivesMatter
11. This officer in New York who pulled down a protester's mask and sprayed him in the face, despite the protester's hands being in the air.
This boy had his hands up when an NYPD ofcr pulled his mask down and pepper sprayed him. @NYPDShea? Mayor @BilldeBlasio?
12. These Charleston police officers who remove a vocal, peaceful protester.
please watch. please listen closely. if anyone has any information on this man / a link to his go fund me please let me know. this is absolutely not okay. we will not be silenced.
13. This officer in New York who shoved a guy who was standing there with his arms raised.
14. This officer in Minneapolis who pepper sprayed a crowd while driving by.
the police drove by and randomly pepper sprayed us. this is blatantly unconstitutional.
15. And finally, this NYPD officer who shoved a woman to the ground, causing her to hit her head.
Update: Got her permission with a fuck yeah. The cop pushed her so hard at Barclays & she flung back. She is tiny. Now she’s in the ER after a serious seizure. I’m waiting for updates but have to wait outside because of COVID-19. Please keep my protest sister in your thoughts.
Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!